Thursday 25 October 2012

Getting in the festive spirit...

So the festival that I am getting in the spirit for is...
YOU GUESSED IT...
CHRISTMAS..
NO, not really its Halloween! I love halloween... but I hate being scared, watching scary movies, dressing up to look like anythign scary... basically the whole idea of halloween!



But I love the festiveness, the pumpkins, the fun disney movies (did anyone say.. Halloweentown!) and all the chocolate and sweets!

Wikipedia says:
Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of its original title "All Hallows' Evening"),[5] also known as All Hallows' Eve,[6] is a yearly holiday observed around the world on October 31, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows. Most scholars believe that All Hallows' Eve was originally influenced by western European harvest festivals and festivals of the dead with pagan roots, particularly the Celtic Samhain.[6][7][8] Others maintain that it originated independently of Samhain.[9]
Typical festive Halloween activities include trick-or-treating (also known as "guising"), attending costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, playing pranks, telling scary stories, and watching horror films.

... so interesting ahem* not really!
So what are you going to be this halloween.. well I wish I were here for it, on second thought no I DON'T.. I AM GOING ON... a college road trip!! (BTW: there will be a blog post on this!)
ROAD TRIP
ROAD TRIP... just like in the movie with 'That's so raven girl!
Trailer here:

My dads.. nothing like that, thank God!! xxx


But even though i actually won't be in London, but in UNC, North Carolina I still have decorated my room.. with blow up ghosts and pumpkins, candles adn a big glow in teh dark pumpkin: (pictured below!)


But going to the US means one thing... Bath and body works Autumn candles
- LEAVES!!!

How exciting I have been waiting for wht feels like years for the 2 for £20 sale!!!
MY FAVOURTIE FALL SCENT!!

So this all brings me onto how you have decorated your room/dorm room or even house for this season... is it pumpkin fantasia land or candles everywhere or lets scare the beejebas out of everyone because we can!!
What are you doing on the 31st..
1. Haunted Hayride
2. Haunted corn maze
3. Haunted house
4. Trick 'o' treating!!

So whatevery you're doing.. please have fun! AND STAY SAFE.... in more ways than one... from (what you're thinking I meant) to just being carefull on your night out!!

Much love
Enjoy the week, will be back soon!
S xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment